The FoKL mission statement:
To encourage and support new and existing local Friends groups, to facilitate the exchange of useful information among organizations of Friends, and to advocate for excellent library services.
The FoKL Board Officers and Trustees
- assist with the development of new and existing Friends organizations
- provide start-up kits for any group considering formation of a Friends organization
- provide start-up grants to new Friends groups needing assistance
- provide grants to Friends groups for library programs and support of group projects
- provide a booth at the annual Kansas Library Association Conference
- provide opportunities to learn and grow through workshops at the annual Kansas Library conference and other forums
- publish a newsletter, FoKL Point, at least three times a year
- are effective library advocates for improving library funding
FoKL's annual Membership Meeting is held during the Kansas Library Association conference.
All FoKL members are encouraged to attend and share in FoKL's future.
Let's be Friends! Help us help Kansas Libraries
Join Friends of Kansas Libraries today by filling out a membership form and mailing it, along with your check, to: FoKL, Hutchinson Public Library, 901 North Main, Hutchinson, KS 67501.
Membership dues support libraries all across Kansas!
Purchase this license plate for $5.00 by sending an email request to
Header Image courtesy Flickr user Bert Kaufman
Established in 1982, Friends of Kansas Libraries (FoKL) is a tax-deductible, non-profit organization governed by a board of officers and trustees from all regions of Kansas. Membership includes individuals, libraries, Friends organizations, and businesses who are interested in promoting and supporting libraries in their communities and state-wide.