Learn about FoKL’s grants and awards.
AWARDS AND GRANTS FROM FoKL TO LIBRARY FRIENDS
- “Start-up Grants” to new friends organizations needing assistance.
Send a letter requesting an application for the Start-up Grant to:
Northwest Kansas Library System
#2 Washington Square
Norton, KS 67654
- “Outstanding Friends” awards presented to outstanding individual friends and friends organizations at the annual Kansas Library Conference. The awards include a framed certificate and a cash prize to each friend for their group or organization honored. The Friends organizations are divided into four categories, according to the size of the library service population.
- “Challenge Grants” to friends organizations. Maximum Grant Award – $500. Criteria on which grant applications will be evaluated include, but are not limited to, the following:
- innovative and creative project proposal
- potential for achieving objectives of the category
- active leadership and membership involvement
- potential benefit to the library and/or the library patrons
- quality of the application, including evidence of planning, conciseness, financial soundness, and clarity
For more information about these grants, contact Friends of Kansas Libraries.
YOUR FRIENDS ORGANIZATION IS ENCOURAGED TO JOIN FoKL! YOUR DUES SUPPORT KANSAS LIBRARIES!